Thursday 18 April 2013

Writer's Block

I may have mentioned once or twice that I'm currently studying for a Masters degree.  If I haven't, well... I am.  Over the last week, I've been busy working on my final written assignment.

While I should have been focussing on designing learning and development interventions, I've found myself discovering topics I "need" to blog about.  The past ten days have shown us some major global events, all of which I've started to write about, with the intention of finishing and publishing after finishing my essay.  

Now, all of a sudden, I have submitted my assignment, and I realise I've been sitting here for the last three days staring at a blank screen, trying to work out where I want this blog to go.  Now I have finished the CSW updates, I don't know what to talk about.

Where has this writers' block come from?!  (Yes, I'm very aware I'm writing about not being able to write).

Having spoken to a fellow blogger, I'm told that, to be a successful blogger, one should follow other peoples' blogs and comment on everything.  Whilst I do enjoy reading what other people have to say, I also enjoy being able to sleep and eat and spend time with my friends, and apparently being able to pay bills means I need to make money by going to work.  So maybe success isn't what I'm looking for.

I've also been told  I should write for myself, about what I want to write about.  That makes sense.

Except I don't know what I want to write about.

As someone who is renowned for not doing what she's told (read: will do the exact opposite of whatever she is told to do), I've reached a bit of an impasse.

So please bear with me, and if you'd like me to talk about anything particular, please let me know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment